Monday, May 16, 2011

Extroverts vs Introverts

        When we did the extrovert vs introvert exercise, I found myself surprised with what I was classified as. I thought I would be an extrovert since I consider myself to be completely outgoing and down to earth. But once reading through the lists and critically thinking of who I am as an individual, i found out that I am an introvert. Everything in this list just really described who I was as an individual. I like the quiet to concentrate because too much noise easily distracts me. I have trouble remembering names and faces. I can stare at an individual for hours and now that they look very familiar but cannot remember how i know them. I can work on one project for a long time without interruption. Once I am focused on something and especially if i have a deadline for when i need to get it done, i put myself in a quiet environment and finish it.
         I am also very known for thinking before I act. I will think of every pro and con in a situation to figure out if actions are required or not. I don't like to be in odd situations so in order to avoid it I will weigh out every possibility in order to determine which is the best plan of action to take. And I come to realize that I am not a confrontational person at all. I tend to stutter over my words when put in awkward situations so sometimes written communication is better for me.
         It was interesting to go down the list and see that this characteristic describes me so well. Even my friends were amazed when I told them that I was an introvert instead of an extrovert since my personality when I am around them is so different.

No comments:

Post a Comment