Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Day as leader

My day as a leader involved me taking initiative to get better ideas for my group project. A leader was designated from each group and was told to stay at the board and get ideas from different groups on how we can better our projects.  I knew that since there would be many people giving me ideas, that I had to develop some sort of strategy and be completely open-minded to everyone's ideas without changing my group goals. I listened to what the group members had to say then  picked which ideas would be more beneficial in the end. It was  tough when I had to come in contact with larger groups because it was difficult to keep everyone on task and have them not have side conversations. However, larger groups were able to come up with more ideas. The smaller groups of one or two individuals was a lot easier to maintain however there was only so much information that they could come up with. I think this really challenged me considering I am a quiet person. It made me step up more so that I could complete the task at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment